“It is impossible to further the common good without acknowledging and defending the right to life, upon which all the other inalienable rights of individuals are founded and from which they develop.”
– Pope John Paul II, Evangelium Vitae
The apostolate assists parishes and schools in implementing the Bishops’ Pastoral Plan for Pro-Life Activities through prayer and worship, provides pro-life education and support for clergy and parish pro-life coordinators, pastoral care resources for those affected by abortion, alternatives to abortion, information on Natural Family Planning and chastity education, as well as information on pro-life legal initiatives.
These tasks are accomplished through a variety of ministries and events including Journey to Love© for parents who receive an unexpected prenatal diagnosis, Pro-Life Coordinators and High School Liaisons meetings, the March for Life Pilgrimage and Pro-Life Student Essay Contest, the annual Pro-Life Living Rosary in the month of March, a 40 Days for Life spring and fall prayer campaign, the Vigil for Life Mass and Procession during the late summer, the annual Life Chain on the first Sunday of October, and resources for the National Night of Prayer on December 8.
Please join us in building a Culture of Life and combating all attacks on human dignity, particularly those attacks involving the evils of contraception, abortion, euthanasia, and immoral biomedical research. We are always striving to expand our outreach and change hearts. If you have any comments on or questions about Respect Life Apostolate, or if you would like to make a donation to support the Apostolate, please contact the Respect Life Apostolate Coordinator.
We welcome your suggestions for further encouraging the faithful to foster a Culture of Life.
Pilgrimage to the March for Life
The annual 5-day pilgrimage to Washington, D.C. for high school students takes place in January. Pilgrims travel by bus and visit holy and historical sites while learning about the pro-life movement and growing in their faith. Learn more about the Pilgrimage.
- 40 Days For Life
- Creighton Students for Life
- Nebraska Catholic Conference
- Nebraska Coalition for Ethical Research
- Nebraska Right to Life
- Nebraskans United for Life
- Saint Jude Hospice
- Sancta Familia Medical Apostolate
- Spirit Catholic Radio (KVSS)
- Thomas More Society-Omaha
- 40 Days For Life
- Catholic Mobilizing Network
- The Culture Project
- Hope After Abortion
- Life Chain
- Human Life International
- March for Life
- The National Catholic Register
- The National Committee for a Human Life Amendment
- National Night of Prayer
- National Right to Life
- One More Soul – Features a national list of pro-life doctors supportive of NFP.
- Priests for Life
- Ramah International – Pre- and Post-Abortion Help
- Science for Unborn Human Life
- Students for Life of America
- Thomas More Society
- U.S.C.C.B. Pro-Life Secretariat