What We Believe
The Profession of Faith is a great place to start when trying to understand what we, as Catholics, believe. We say the prayer every Sunday. The words become so ingrained that as we recite it we sometimes stop thinking about what the words mean. This prayer reinforces the foundation of our Catholic beliefs – beliefs held strong for more than 2,000 years. Here’s what we believe:
- We believe in one God who created all things on earth and in heaven.
- We believe that God sent his only son to save all of us from sin. Jesus’ mission was to become man, suffer and die for us, and rise from the dead so we can live eternally with God, his Father.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit, united with the Father and the Son, inspired those who came before us long ago and continues to guide us with grace today.
- We believe we are part of the larger family of Catholics all over the world.
- We believe that baptism saves us from sin and cleanses us so we may live forever with God our Father.
5 Step Marriage Process Overview
Contact Your Parish Priest
Select, Register and Pay for Educational Programs
Complete FOCCUS Pre-Marriage or REFOCCUS Inventory
Attend the Programs You Registered
Plan the Wedding Rite Ceremony
A Message from Archbishop
Grace and Mercy
Archbishop Lucas has retained the phrase “GRACE AND MERCY.” This phrase is an excerpt from the Book of Wisdom (Wis. 3:9), which reads in full: “Because grace and mercy are with His holy ones, and His care is with His elect.” By the use of this phrase, therefore, His Excellency expresses the deep and profound Christian belief that in and through Jesus Christ, God gives to all of His Children all that they will need to sustain them on their life’s journey and to bring them to full life in heaven.More Info
By serving those in need, we serve Jesus.
The pastoral work of the Archdiocese of Omaha is carried out through a myriad of ministries and programs that serve our 23 counties, along with the efforts of our parishes, missions, and the personal and financial contributions of our parishioners. We weave these components together into a unified and powerful force doing the will of God. We touch lives, uplift the human spirit, and above all, deliver vital ministries where they are needed most.More Info
The Archdiocese of Omaha continues to spread Jesus’ word and mission through uplifting stories, blogs and a variety of media through the Catholic Voice.