To create an open environment of safety, happiness and growth.
A safe, pure and loving environment for all of our youth. That’s our commitment at the Archdiocese of Omaha. To ensure that all children can learn with smiles and open hearts from caring and guiding leaders in every step of their growth—whether within our parishes, schools or activities.
The Safe Environment program is the archdiocesan response to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishop’s Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People. The Archdiocese of Omaha is actively committed to this cause through our circuit of volunteers, staff, priests and parents working together to furnish a comfortable place of growth, richness and learning for our youth.
The Safe Environment program consists of several parts including:
- Policy Development. Specific policies covering relationships, communications, and the obligations of archdiocesan clergy, employees, and qualifying volunteers.
- Victim Assistance Coordination. Ensures that victims of abuse receive thorough and caring assistance in a safe environment where they can feel comfortable.
- Training and Certification. For archdiocesan clergy, employees, and qualifying volunteers.
- A Review Board. To assist the Archbishop in his responsibilities for the protection of youth.
- Circle of Grace Education Programs. The Circle of Grace education concept teaches young people that God gives us all our own Circle of Grace. Developed by the Archdiocese of Omaha, this program has been adopted by over 21 archdioceses and is used in hundreds of schools nationwide.
Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People
Estatuto Para la Protección de Niños y Jóvenes
Revise el Estatuto de Obispos y todas las políticas y directrices del programa de Ambientes Seguros, incluso el estatuto para la Protección de Niños y Jóvenes preámbulo.