Mass is a great gift from Jesus
Some of us may think of Mass as our weekly obligation but Mass is so much more than just spending an hour sitting in a pew. It’s an opportunity to give praise and thanks to God, to celebrate God’s living words, filling our hearts spiritually and guiding us through the week as we go out into the world.
The Celebration of the Liturgy of the Word is a time to be attentive, to quiet our minds and listen – really listen – letting the divinely inspired words soak into our hearts.
The Celebration of the Eucharist – breaking bread – The Lord’s Supper. It’s our participation in Jesus’ passion, his death on the cross, and resurrection to save us from sin. It’s also the actual transformation of water and wine into Jesus’ body and blood. Mass strengthens our relationship with Jesus, boosting joy, fulfillment, confidence, faith and purpose.
Weekday Mass is another great way to connect with Jesus – to stop and listen to Him, opening our hearts and eyes, reminding us that Jesus’ love is powerful. His love binds us together, helping us realize our purpose and mission on earth.
Important Dates of 2018
- Mary, Mother of God – Sunday, January 1, 2018
- Ash Wednesday – Wednesday, February 14, 2018
- Palm Sunday – Sunday, March 25, 2018
- Holy Thursday – Thursday, March 29, 2018
- Good Friday – Friday, March 30, 2018
- Holy Saturday – Saturday, March 31, 2018
- Easter Sunday – Sunday, April 1, 2018
- Divine Mercy Sunday – Sunday, April 8, 2018
- Ascension – Thursday, May 10, 2018 (Holy Day of obligation)
- Pentecost Sunday – Sunday, May 20, 2018
- Trinity Sunday – Sunday, May 27, 2018
- Corpus Christi – Thursday, May 31, 2018; (transferred to Sunday, June 3, 2018)
- Sacred Heart of Jesus – Friday, June 8, 2018
- Assumption of Mary – Wednesday, August 15, 2018 (Holy Day of obligation)
- All Saints Day – Thursday, November 1, 2018 (Holy Day of obligation)
- First Sunday of Advent – Sunday, December 2, 2018
- Immaculate Conception – Saturday, December 8, 2018 (Holy Day of obligation)
- Christmas – Tuesday, December 25, 2018 (Holy Day of obligation)