Mass is a great gift from Jesus
Some of us may think of Mass as our weekly obligation but Mass is so much more than just spending an hour sitting in a pew. It’s an opportunity to give praise and thanks to God, to celebrate God’s living words, filling our hearts spiritually and guiding us through the week as we go out into the world.
The Celebration of the Liturgy of the Word is a time to be attentive, to quiet our minds and listen – really listen – letting the divinely inspired words soak into our hearts.
The Celebration of the Eucharist – breaking bread – The Lord’s Supper. It’s our participation in Jesus’ passion, his death on the cross, and resurrection to save us from sin. It’s also the actual transformation of water and wine into Jesus’ body and blood. Mass strengthens our relationship with Jesus, boosting joy, fulfillment, confidence, faith and purpose.
Weekday Mass is another great way to connect with Jesus – to stop and listen to Him, opening our hearts and eyes, reminding us that Jesus’ love is powerful. His love binds us together, helping us realize our purpose and mission on earth.
Important Dates of 2017
- Mary, Mother of God – Sunday, January 1, 2017
- Ash Wednesday – Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- Palm Sunday – Sunday, April 9, 2017
- Holy Thursday – Thursday, April 13, 2017
- Good Friday – Friday, April 14, 2017
- Holy Saturday – Saturday, April 15, 2017
- Easter Sunday – Sunday, April 16, 2017
- Divine Mercy Sunday – Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Ascension – Thursday, May 25, 2017 (Holy Day of obligation)
- Pentecost Sunday – Sunday, June 4, 2017
- Trinity Sunday – Sunday, June 11, 2017
- Corpus Christi – Thursday, June 15, 2017; (transferred to Sunday, June 18, 2017)
- Sacred Heart of Jesus – Friday, June 23, 2017
- Assumption of Mary – Tuesday, August 15, 2017 (Holy Day of obligation)
- All Saints Day – Wednesday, November 1, 2017 (Holy Day of obligation)
- First Sunday of Advent – Sunday, December 3, 2017
- Immaculate Conception – Friday, December 8, 2017 (Holy Day of obligation)
- Christmas – Monday, December 25, 2017 (Holy Day of obligation)