Circle of Grace is the children’s education component of the Archdiocese of Omaha’s Safe Environment training. It serves the dual purpose of educating and informing children and youth about the value of positive relationships with God and others.
Through Circle of Grace, adults assist children and youth to recognize that each of us lives within a Circle of Grace that holds our very essence in body, mind, heart, soul, and sexuality. Children and youth are taught to identify and maintain appropriate physical, emotional, spiritual and sexual boundaries; recognize when boundary violations are about to occur; and demonstrate how to take action when boundaries are threatened or violated.
Circle of Grace is clinically sound and grounded in the Catholic tradition. Its strong parent component means parents can actively participate in their children’s education and formation.
After several years of successful implementation, testing and evaluation, the Archdiocese of Omaha is making Circle of Grace available to those responsible for creating safe environments for children. Already eleven (arch)dioceses have successfully implemented this comprehensive prevention program. Spanish and Vietnamese versions are yours free when you purchase the Circle of Grace program.
Those adopting and using Circle of Grace say it’s a user-friendly program with an invaluable “train the trainer” component. Plus, youth who have participated respond favorably.
Why commit valuable diocesan resources to invent a safe environment program? Our experts have done it for you – and the program works! Let us know you have any questions about this proactive and effective new program or if you want to review Circle of Grace free of charge for thirty days.
Sample Curriculum & Program Overview
Circle of Grace is one of the few programs that teaches:
- God’s presence and assistance in difficult and confusing situations as an essential component in its K-12 curriculum
- A philosophy that can be used throughout the year as a concept that reinforces God’s real presence in our lives, respect and skills of how to make good choices
- The sacredness of each person and how relationships are called to be experiences of divine love
- Beyond the “safe-touch” models by addressing the whole person thus is able to teach how boundary violations can occur through all of our senses
- A holistic approach giving children and youth the skills to identify uncomfortable situations long before inappropriate touch occurs
- Children and youth to identify the “trusted adults” in their lives in addition to their parents
- Parents by informative letters, lesson handouts and education material
Circle of Grace is one of the few programs that includes:
- A nihil obstat and imprimatur from an Archdiocese
- Each lesson correlated with appropriate Catholic teachings
- Evaluation results that show its effectiveness
- Designated grade pre and post assessments
- Summary evaluations that capture required information needed for the national audit
- Philosophy and goals are consistent throughout the K-12 curriculum
- Comprehensive and self-contained materials for each grade
- The ability to customize the program with local contact information
- Administrators section with all the information needed for implementation
- An in-service to “train the trainers” for all who use the program
- Curriculum in Spanish
- Parent information in Vietnamese