Youth Serve is a three-day, two-night service learning program designed for teams of adults and students entering 8th and 9th grades. The program offers quality time for learning, service and prayer.
- Involve young adolescents in a creative and integrated approach to service learning from a Catholic perspective.
- Impact the way families with young adolescents view, understand and respond to justice issues in their community.
- Introduce and model a process for local leaders to effectively engage young adolescents in Catholic service learning experiences.
By participating in this program young adolescents will:
- Deepen their understanding of the gospel call to discipleship and justice
- Learn about local and domestic poverty and explore its causes, consequences and responses
- Explore Catholic social teaching and its application to life today
- Live, learn, pray and work in community with other Catholic youth and adults
- Engage in hands-on service involvement with people and agencies that assist people in need locally
- Share their learning insights and creative ideas with peers and family members
- Discover ways to continue their justice and service involvement as individuals, with their families and with their parish or school groups.
- June 25-27, 2017
- July 16-18, 2017
- July 23-25, 2017
All sessions begin at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday. The program ends on Tuesday with a special, evening session for parents beginning at 6:45 p.m.
- $140 per person (including adults)
St. Columban Retreat Center
1904 Calhoun Street
Participants, please contact your parish Youth Minister or Director of Religious Education for all registration materials.
Parish Coordinators, registration materials are available below. Teams must include one adult (21 or over) for every five youth. The adult can be a youth minister, teacher, junior high catechist or involved parent. If a significant number of your group is male, you must provide a male chaperone. Each parish is limited to 10 youth and 2 adult participants. If extra spaces are available, we will accept additional participants from your parish.