In January of each year Catholic schools and parishes throughout the archdiocese are invited to submit nominations for Educator of the Year awards. Nominations are reviewed by an Honoree Selection Committee which is charged with the very difficult task of selecting award recipients among the many outstanding educators we are blessed to have serving the Archdiocese of Omaha.
Eight outstanding teachers and administrators who demonstrate a strong personal commitment to Catholic education and give service above and beyond the ordinary are honored at the Archbishop’s Dinner for Education in September. Each honoree receives a $5,000 award.
Educator of the Year awards are given in each of the following categories:
- Administrator of the Year – Metro
- Administrator of the Year – Rural
- Secondary Educator of the Year – Metro
- Secondary Educator of the Year – Rural
- Elementary Educator of the Year – Metro
- Elementary Educator of the Year – Rural
- Inner City and Special Education Educator of the Year
(two honorees selected in this category)
Nomination forms for the 2017 Archbishop’s Dinner for Education can be found below. Please contact Kaitlyn Maloney in the Stewardship & Development Office with any questions at email@example.com or 402.827.3766.