Catholic Leadership Institute (CLI) is a five-day, four-night program that helps high school youth grow as disciples of Jesus Christ and Catholic leaders among their peers. Participants will be challenged to apply what they have learned in their parishes, schools and communities.
CLI is designed to help teens:
- Understand what it means to be a disciple of Christ and encourage them to be people of integrity
- Develop awareness of personal leadership abilities? and learn how to exercise these gifts in relational ministry with peers
- Learn and apply practical skills necessary for leadership
- Encounter different styles of personal prayer and engage in planning prayer services & liturgical celebrations
Workshop topics include:
- Being a Disciple of Christ
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Awareness of Personal Gifts
- Catholic Leadership
- Evangelization & Peer Ministry
- Activity & Liturgy Planning
CLI is for young people going into their Sophomore to Senior years in high school who have an interest in helping their parish or school youth ministry programs. It is best when at least two youth come from a parish/school. Applicants should be currently involved in ministry in their parish or school and possess a desire to grow in their leadership skills and their Catholic faith. For groups of five or more from a parish, an adult representative from the parish or school must also attend as an adult member of the team.
Date: Thursday, August 3, 2017 to Sunday August 6, 2017
Cost: $190 per person (adults attend free of charge)
Roncalli Catholic High School
6401 Sorensen Pkwy
Omaha, NE 68152
DEADLINE: Wednesday, July 19, to the Office of Evangelization & Catechesis
Participants, please contact your parish Youth Minister or Director of Religious Education for all registration materials.
Parish Coordinators, registration materials are available below. Spaces are limited; registration is first come, first serve.